Four-time GRAMMY nominee and critically acclaimed singer/songwriter Brandy Clark is following up her 2013 smash debut album 12 Stories with the release of Big Day in a Small Town, to be released June 10 on Warner Bros. Records (available for pre-order beginning April 1). With “Girl Next Door" serving as the first single, Big Day in a Small Town is Clark's first major-label album. Big Day was produced by Jay Joyce.
“When I made 12 Stories, I think my dreams were a lot more realistic, in that I didn't expect a lot to happen... then it did,” Clark says. “This time, my dreams are very much what they were when I was going to Vince Gill and Patty Loveless concerts and decided I was going to move to Nashville. Right now, my dreams are as big as when I was naïve enough to really dream them.”
Clark is currently featured in April/May "The Outlaws" issue of Garden & Gun with Matt Hendrickson raving, "Big Day in a Small Town has the same biting wit as her 2013 debut 12 Stories, but it's an even richer collection of songs, with a life-in-the-middle-of-nowhere thread running through the album."
Big Day in a Small Town tells the stories of the football star, the father, the homecoming queen, and the hairdresser because those are the stories and people that Clark grew up knowing. “All these songs, there's some little truth in them, somewhere, that resonates with me or that is about me,” she confesses.
12 Stories was featured on "Best of" lists from New York Magazine, NPR, Rolling Stone, The New Yorker, The New York Post and The Boston Globe in 2013. That same year, The Los Angeles Times called it “the country debut of the year."
Big Day in a Small Town Track List - Songwriters:
1. Soap Opera - Brandy Clark/Bryan Simpson
2. Girl Next Door - Brandy Clark/Jessie Jo Dillon/Shane McAnally
3. Homecoming Queen - Brandy Clark/Luke Laird/Shane McAnally
4. Broke - Brandy Clark/Shane McAnally/Josh Osborne
5. You Can Come Over - Brandy Clark/Jessie Jo Dillon/Mark Narmore
6. Love Can Go to Hell - Brandy Clark/Scott Stepakoff
7. Big Day in a Small Town - Brandy Clark/Shane McAnally/Mark D. Sanders
8. Three Kids No Husband - Brandy Clark/Lori McKenna
9. Daughter - Brandy Clark/Jessie Jo Dillon/Jeremy Spillman
10. Drinkin’ Smokin’ Cheatin’ - Brandy Clark
11. Since You’ve Gone to Heaven - Brandy Clark/Shane McAnally
Currently on the road with Jennifer Nettles on the CMT Next Women of Country Tour, the singer/songwriter has toured with Eric Church and Alan Jackson during the last two years in addition to solo shows. For upcoming tour dates, visit http://www.brandyclarkmusic.com.
The Morton, Washington-native received her first of four career GRAMMY nominations in 2013 in the Best Country Song category for co-writing the Miranda Lambert No. 1 hit “Mama’s Broken Heart.” She won the 2014 CMA Song of the Year Award for “Follow Your Arrow,” which she co-wrote with Shane McAnally and Kacey Musgraves, and was also named the 2014 Music Row Breakthrough Artist of the Year. The Academy of Country Music voters nominated her for Female Vocalist of the Year in 2015.